Within Living Memory
Bramdean & Hinton Ampner
This is a miscellany of memories about the villages of Bramdean and Hinton Ampner at the turn of the Millennium.
Thanks go to each of our contributors.
Contributions have arrived from near and far, from young and old and from across the two communities. They are published in the knowledge that human memory is selective and partial. We hope they will be read in that light.
Collating the work has been a privilege and we hope that readers will share our pleasure in this community enterprise.
- The Queen’s Coronation
- A Bramdean Childhood – By Peter Tahourdin
- The Early Part of the 20th Century – By A Former Resident Of Brockwood
- Hinton Ampner before World War II – By Ena & Horace Nicholson
- Village Childhood – By Rita Gerrard
- Random Thoughts – By Tim Heymann
- Christmas at Hinton Ampner House – By Gladys Trickle
- Audrey Blake
- Bramdean in the 1940’s – By Victoria Wakefield
- Hinton Ampner During the 1940’s – By Harry & Margery Forbes
- The Village Policeman – By Jim Lovelock
- Memories of Mrs Mary Cross – Housekeeper to Lord Sherborne (formerly Mr Ralph Dutton) at Hinton Ampner House from 1954 – 1986
- The Morton Family – By Mardi Morton
- Jack Wingrove
- Memories of Lettice and Dave Bulpitt
- St Simon and St Jude Church – By Irene Munday
- The Last Village Post Office and Shop – By Jeannine James
- Coming to Hinton Ampner – By Tim Laker
- Bramdean – By Ailsa Bulloch
- A Newcomer’s View of Village Life – By Julie Peterson
Personalised Christmas Cards – The Nativity Scene at All Saints (In aid of All Saints Church, Hinton Ampner) Only 60p per card, minimum order 100 cards, Enquires to David Templeman 01962 793009. Click ALL NEWS for further detailsAll News